News and Announcements
Come out and cheer on the Lions 13AA team after the Buccaneer Days!
Lions 13AA has a double header vs Comox Jets starting at 1pm!
After years of fundraising and just in time for the start of the season we are excited to see brand new scoreboards being installed on both Diamond 1 and 2 by Houston Sign!
Your player will receive a uniform shirt, hat, and an individual and team photo.
All other equipment requirements are the responsibility of the player.
Please be sure to label ALL your player’s equipment and clothing. All players 7U and above must have their own helmet, and 9U and up must have their own protective cup
What else does my child need to play?
- 5U – Comfy pants, athletic shoes, water bottle, and a glove (optional).
- 7U – Grey baseball pants or similar, protective cup (optional), athletic shoes (cleats optional), glove, batting helmet, bat (optional), and a water bottle
- 9U – Grey baseball pants, protective cup, athletic shoes (cleats optional), glove, batting helmet, bat (optional), and a water bottle
- 11U – Grey baseball pants (non-elastic ankle), protective cup, cleats, glove, batting helmet, and a water bottle
- 13U – Grey baseball pants (non-elastic ankle), protective cup, cleats, glove, batting helmet, and a water bottle
A Gear Swap will be held Opening Day, Saturday, April 8th starting at 9am. If you find your player has outgrown their gear please donate it to the swap at the clubhouse donation bin anytime there is a practice up to and until early morning April 8th and exchange it for something that fits. (See the calendar page for upcoming practice times when the donation bin will be available). Cash donations are appreciated if you don’t have something to swap.
Thank you to all the volunteers that donated their time, sweat and muscles today at the Park Clean Up! What an improvement! Looking forward to the start of the season.
The Park Clean Up is a big work party.
We will start at 9am, and work until the jobs are done. With a big crew, we can blast through most of this in a few hours. Look for Lisbet at the sign in table and she will delegate a task for you.
Some of the jobs include leveling the field, trimming the edges, shoveling the sand, cleaning out the sheds, weeding the batting cage, and other odd jobs. We have limited equipment and want to minimize sharing of supplies, so please bring your work gloves, wheelbarrows, weed-eaters, rakes and shovels. Esquimalt Parks has been hard at work and have re-edged the infield so there is a lot of sand to put on the fields this year.
Other jobs are scrubbing the inside of the clubhouse and concession. We have lots of rags, but we want to minimize sharing of supplies, so please bring your rubber gloves, and your preferred scrubbing supplies.
Please stayed tuned for an email to be sent out with a sign up sheet.
1) Expect to stay as long as you can, we have time slots so that we can space out arrivals.
2) Please do not bring kids, unless they are able to help with the cleanup, or can stay in the playground.
3) Please bring your shovels, work gloves, rubber gloves, supplies, as we don’t have enough to around